BizTalk Server Standard Edition is infrastructure software for connecting business systems with each other, regardless of the platform or physical location. It also allows users to define and execute processes based on those systems. The Standard Edition is designed for small-to-medium-sized organizations.
This offer provides two processor core licenses. BizTalk Server requires a minimum of four core licenses for each physical or virtual processor. BizTalk Server does not require any client licenses. To figure out how many licenses you should request and learn more about BizTalk Server licensing, see Microsoft's BizTalk Server Licensing Datasheet and FAQ.
Which Versions of This Software Are Available?
You can choose to download the current version or the previous version of this software. You can find out which version is the current one on the Current Versions of Microsoft Products page. In addition, you can download the software in any language that's available.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have system administration experience, you can use BizTalk Server to
- Reduce hardware costs by using virtualized environments and replacing existing data infrastructures
- Increase efficiency by automating and monitoring data processes
- Messaging: The Windows Azure Service Bus connects apps across private and public cloud environments. Users can then exchange documents across these environments, and third parties can access services running on-premises behind firewalls.
- Adapter pack: BizTalk Server includes more than a dozen adapters to communicate with .NET, XML and web services, and IBM databases. Adapters can also communicate with commonly used business software such as SAP, Siebel, PeopleSoft, and Oracle E-Business Suite. Microsoft partners offer additional adapters, some at an extra cost.
- Orchestration Designer: Along with the BizTalk Editor and BizTalk Mapper, Orchestration Designer provides a graphical way to define a business process and the rules it uses. The Business Rules Engine provides a way of evaluating a complex set of business rules.
- Business integration: BizTalk Server natively supports Electronic Data Interchange, one of the most common data exchange formats, as well as the AS2 and SWIFT formats.
- Business Activity Monitoring: Business Activity Monitoring allows analysts, developers, and information workers to get information about business state, trends, and critical conditions.
- BizTalk RFID: BizTalk enables radio frequency identification (RFID) devices to become fully compatible with the Microsoft platform and includes native support for mobile RFID. It also allows developers to create RFID processes, such as asset tracking and supply chain visibility, which are independent of underlying device types and protocols.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the email you receive from Solidatech after you request this product.
Expect two emails:
- When your request has been approved, Solidatech will send a message to your organization email address. This email will confirm the number of licenses you have requested and provide information about how to use the VLSC once Microsoft accepts your license agreement. Make sure the email address in your organization details is up to date by visiting your account.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the VLSC. This email will indicate that Microsoft has accepted your license agreement. After you receive this email, you'll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received from Solidatech to obtain your product through the VLSC.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.